Kit & Caboodle Long Stitch Bookbinding Kit with 1:1 online workshop
Join me for a 1:1 online Long Stitch bookbinding workshop in your own home!
Kit & Caboodle Long Stitch Bookbinding Kit with 1:1 Online Workshop
Kit & Caboodle Long Stitch Bookbinding Kit with 1:1 Online Workshop.
Get your decorative bookbinding hobby off to a great start with this Long Stitch Binding Kit. 1:1 guidance is available to help you through each step.
Long Stitch Binding is a simple decorative binding technique which allows you to open out the book completely flat, requires no glue and offers a really good binding strength. The technique involves sewing the signatures directly to the cover and is a great way of keeping your favourite recipes, hand written poems, or sketches in one place.
There are two types of long-stitch bookbinding methods and in this workshop, we will be punching holes into the cover and sewing through the holes. This method has been around since medieval times and is believed to have originated from Germany.
You will find everything you need to make 2x A5 books in the kit. The kit includes:
- Paper (Book block): 100% recycled, 100gsm paper. 40x A4 sheets
- Board: enough for 2 covers
- Bone folder
- Swann-Morton craft knife inc. 2 blades
- Curved bookbinding needles x2
- Waxed thread x6m
* Waxed thread is randomly selected from our stock. If you would like to select a colour you can view the thread here, then just let us know in the notes section of your order.
Workshops will be held at a convenient time over Zoom. Once purchased, we will arrange a date and time before emailing a link over to you. To join the workshop you will need a computer / tablet / phone with video and audio.
- Overseas Shipping With regret we are unable to ship glue and scalpel blades overseas because of customs restrictions. If you are based abroad and would like a kit please select the overseas option when ordering. The scalpel and glue are replaced with extra decorative papers and waxed thread to the same value. We recommend PVA which may be known as white glue in the US and Canada as an alternative adhesive.
- Items are shipped within 1–2 business days after payment has been received.
Every purchase you make helps to support The Smallprint Company, so thanks for shopping with us!
About The Smallprint Co.
Hannah and Chris have brought their passion for print to the high street with their boutique studio close to the centre of Derby and its famous Cathedral Quarter. The team prints letterpress commissions for private clients and small businesses, facilitates workshops both on and off site, and produces a range of popular greetings cards and stationery for retail. A gallery is situated to the front of the studio which showcases work by both printmakers and their workshop attendees. They welcome volunteers to the studio to help with cataloguing their expanding collection of type too, so get in touch if you fancy getting your hands inky!