Kit & Caboodle Coptic Bookbinding Kit with 1:1 online workshop
Join me a for a 1:1 online Coptic bookbinding workshop in your own home!
Kit & Caboodle Coptic Bookbinding Kit with 1:1 Online Workshop
Kit & Caboodle Coptic Bookbinding Kit with 1:1 Online Workshop.
Get your decorative bookbinding hobby off to a great start with this Coptic Binding Kit. 1:1 guidance is available to help you through each step.
Coptic Binding is a more intricate decorative binding than Japanese binding. It allows you to open out the book completely flat which is very useful for sketchbooks. It’s perfect for your favourite recipes, hand written poems, or sketches.
You will find everything you need to make 2x A5 books in the kit. The kit includes:
- Paper (Book block): 100% recycled, 100gsm paper. 48x A4 sheets
- Greyboard: 4x A5 sheets
- Decorative paper: 4 sheets cut to size*
- End sheets: 4x A5 sheets
- Bone folder
- Swann-Morton scalpel inc. 5 blades
- Curved bookbinding needles x2
- Waxed thread x6m
- 125ml pot of adhesive – 50/50 PVA and wheat starch
- Double ended glue spreader
* Decorative paper is randomly selected from our handmade gift wrap and supplied with a contrasting thread. If you would like to select your own paper look at the paper here and the thread here and let us know in the notes section of your order.
Workshops will be held at a convenient time over Zoom. Once purchased, I will email a link and arrange a date and time. To join the workshop you will need a computer / tablet / phone with video and audio.
- Overseas Shipping With regret we are unable to ship glue and scalpel blades overseas because of customs restrictions. If you are based abroad and would like a kit please select the overseas option when ordering. The scalpel and glue are replaced with extra decorative papers and waxed thread to the same value. We recommend PVA which may be known as white glue in the US and Canada as an alternative adhesive.
- Items are shipped within 1–2 business days after payment has been received.
Every purchase you make helps to support The Smallprint Company, so thanks for shopping with us!
About The Smallprint Co.
Hannah and Chris have brought their passion for print to the high street with their boutique studio close to the centre of Derby and its famous Cathedral Quarter. The team prints letterpress commissions for private clients and small businesses, facilitates workshops both on and off site, and produces a range of popular greetings cards and stationery for retail. A gallery is situated to the front of the studio which showcases work by both printmakers and their workshop attendees. They welcome volunteers to the studio to help with cataloguing their expanding collection of type too, so get in touch if you fancy getting your hands inky!