If you’ve recently become the proud owner of an Adana but you’re feeling a little lost on how to get the best out of it, we have just the workshop for you!
Book one-to-one tuition with Chris and bring your Adana with you.
– Have your machine checked over
– Learn basic maintenance
– Get to grips with typesetting skills, locking up a chase and printing
– Learn some tips of the trade
The rest of your time with us will be devoted to printing, so bring along a mini project – a print or correspondence cards maybe – and get stuck in!
– Expert tuition
– Materials for a short print run. Additional materials can be purchased if you’d like to do a longer print run
– Tea, coffee and biscuits (naturally!)
"I recently went on a one day letterpress and typesetting course with Smallprint and thoroughly enjoyed it. Chris is an excellent teacher and the facilities are second to none. The price was extremely reasonable too! If you’re wanting to learn the basics of letterpress, I can’t recommend them highly enough."
– 10% discount for Green Door members & students
– It can get inky so wear old clothes and/or bring along an apron
– Group bookings by arrangement
– Maximum 4 per workshop
– 50% non-refundable deposit required at booking
– Digital artwork must be arranged and fully prepared before the workshop (please call to discuss)
– Accommodation, restaurants and bars can be recommended if you wish to make a weekend of it.
|PRICES per person||Per person||Times|
|3 hours||£89||9.30am – 12.30pm or 1.30pm – 4.30pm|
|4 hours||£109||12 - 4pm|
|6 hours||£140||10am – 4.30pm including lunch break|
*additional materials can be purchased for longer print runs.
If you would prefer to learn in your own studio, we can come to you! Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Tea and coffee is complimentary. You’re welcome to bring refreshments with you, order something in or we can recommend some great local places to eat. Food can be enjoyed in the Creative Space or our little courtyard during the warmer months.
Our spacious studio is located just 2 minutes’ walk from Sadler Gate in the Cathedral Quarter, Derby.